1. Glaviano NR, Kew M, Hart JM, Saliba S. Demographic and epidemiological trends in patellofemoral pain. Int J Sports Phys Ther. 2015 Jun; 10(3): 281-90.
2. Kaya D, Citaker S, Kerimoglu U, Atay OA, Nyland J, Callaghan M, et al. Women with patellofemoral pain syndrome have quadriceps femoris volume and strength deficiency. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2011 Feb; 19(2): 242-47. DOI: 10.1007/s00167-010-1290-2
3. Blazer K. Diagnosis and treatment of patellofemoral pain syndrome in the female adolescent. Physician Assistant. 2003 Sep; 27(9): 23-30.
4. Piva SR, Fitzgerald GK, Irrgang JJ, Fritz JM, Wisniewski S, McGinty GT, et al. Associates of physical function and pain in patients with patellofemoral pain syndrome. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2009 Feb; 90(2):285-95. DOI: 10.1016/j.apmr.2008.08.214
5. Bolgla LA, Malone TR, Umberger BR, Uhl TL. Hip strength and hip and knee kinematics during stair descent in females with and without patellofemoral pain syndrome. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2008 Jan; 38(1): 12-18. DOI: 10.2519/jospt.2008.2462
6. Sharma A, Geovinson SG, Singh Sandhu J. Effects of a nine-week core strengthening exercise program on vertical jump performances and static balance in volleyball players with trunk instability. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2012 Dec; 52(6): 606-15.
7. Akuthota V, Nadler SF. Core strengthening. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004 Mar; 85(3 Suppl 1): S86-92.
8. Waryasz GR, McDermott AY. Patellofemoral pain syndrome (PFPS): a systematic review of anatomy and potential risk factors. Dyn Med. 2008; 7: 9. DOI: 10.1186/1476-5918-7-9
9. Davidson KL, Hubley-Kozey CL. Trunk muscle responses to demands of an exercise progression to improve dynamic spinal stability. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2005 Feb; 86(2): 216-23. DOI: 10.1016/j.apmr.2004.04.029
10. Bokaee F, Nasseri N, Mazaheri H, Fakhari Z, Jalaee S. [Strengths of lower extremity and lower trunk muscles in females with patellofemoral pain syndrome]. Koomesh. 2010; 12(1): 22-30. [Article in Persian]
11. Ghiasi F, Akbari A. [Comparison of the effects of closed and open kinematic chain and target angle on Knee joint position sense in healthy men and women]. J Gorgan Univ Med Sci. 2008; 10(4): 22-28. [Article in Persian]
12. Baldon Rde M, Lobato DF, Carvalho LP, Wun PY, Santiago PR, Serrão FV. Effect of functional stabilization training on lower limb biomechanics in women. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2012 Jan; 44(1): 135-45. DOI: 10.1249/MSS.0b013e31822a51bb
13. Dixit S, DiFiori JP, Burton M, Mines B. Management of patellofemoral pain syndrome. Am Fam Physician. 2007 Jan; 75(2): 194-202.
14. Kettunen JA, Harilainen A, Sandelin J, Schlenzka D, Hietaniemi K, Seitsalo S, et al. Knee arthroscopy and exercise versus exercise only for chronic patellofemoral pain syndrome: a randomized controlled trial. BMC Med. 2007 Dec; 5: 38. DOI: 10.1186/1741-7015-5-38
15. Tyler TF, Nicholas SJ, Mullaney MJ, McHugh MP. The role of hip muscle function in the treatment of patellofemoral pain syndrome. Am J Sports Med. 2006 Apr; 34(4): 630-36. DOI: 10.1177/0363546505281808
16. Kaya D, Callaghan MJ, Ozkan H, Ozdag F, Atay OA, Yuksel I, Doral MN The effect of an exercise program in conjunction with short-period patellar taping on pain, electromyogram activity, and muscle strength in patellofemoral pain syndrome. Sports Health. 2010 Sep; 2(5): 410-16. DOI: 10.1177/1941738110379214
17. Jan M-H, Wei T-C, Song C-Y. Comparisons of quadriceps strength training, taping, and stretching on clinical outcomes in patients with Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome. J Biomech. 2007; 40(2): S410. DOI: 10.1016/S0021-9290(07)70405-0
18. Peeler J, Anderson JE. Effectiveness of static quadriceps stretching in individuals with patellofemoral joint pain. Clin J Sport Med. 2007 Jul; 17(4): 234-41. DOI: 10.1097/JSM.0b013e3180f60afc
19. Boling MC, Bolgla LA, Mattacola CG, Uhl TL, Hosey RG. Outcomes of a weight-bearing rehabilitation program for patients diagnosed with patellofemoral pain syndrome. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2006 Nov; 87(11): 1428-35. DOI: 10.1016/j.apmr.2006.07.264
20. Fehr GL, Cliquet Junior A, Azevedo Cacho ÊW, de Miranda JB. Effectiveness of the open and closed kinetic chain exercises in the treatment of the patellofemoral pain syndrome. Rev Bras Med Esporte. 2006; 12(2): 66-70. http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S1517-86922006000200002
21. Crossley K, Bennell K, Green S, Cowan S, McConnell J. Physical therapy for patellofemoral pain: a randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial. Am J Sports Med. 2002 Nov-Dec; 30(6): 857-65. DOI: 10.1177/03635465020300061701
22. Barati S, Khayambashi Kh, Rahnama N, Nayeri M. [Effect of a selected core stabilization training program on pain and function of the females with knee osteoarthritis]. Journal of Research in Rehabilitation Sciences. 2012; 8(1): 40-48. DOI: 10.22122/jrrs.v8i1.282 [Article in Persian]
23. Yalfani A, Raisi Z. [Comparison of Two Methods Quadriceps Muscle Strengthening on Land and in the Water on pain, Function, Static and Dynamic Balance in Females with Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome]. Sport Medicine Studies. 13(5): 91-108. [Article in Persian]
24. Mazloum V, Mahdavinejad R. [Effects of Swedish massage techniques and therapeutic exercise on patellofemoral pain syndrome]. Journal of Research in Rehabilitation Sciences. 2012; 8(2): 363-71. DOI: 10.22122/jrrs.v8i2.293 [Article in Persian]
25. Letafatkar A, Zandi Sh, Khodaei M, Belali Voshmesara J, Mazidi M. [Relationship between flat foot deformity, Q angle and knee pain]. Journal of Research in Rehabilitation Sciences. 2012; 8(1): 170-79. DOI: 10.22122/jrrs.v8i1.219 [Article in Persian]
26. Mousavi SM, Khayambashi Kh, Lenjan Nejadian Sh, Moradi H. [The Effects of Kinesiotape and Strength Training on Knee Pain and Quadriceps Strength in People with Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (PFPS)]. J Isfahan Med Sch. 2011 Dec; 29(159): 1657-68. [Article in Persian]
27. White LC, Dolphin P, Dixon J. Hamstring length in patellofemoral pain syndrome. Physiotherapy. 2009 Mar; 95(1): 24-28. DOI: 10.1016/j.physio.2008.05.009
28. Piva SR, Goodnite EA, Childs JD. Strength around the hip and flexibility of soft tissues in individuals with and without patellofemoral pain syndrome. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2005 Dec; 35(12): 793-801. DOI: 10.2519/jospt.2005.35.12.793
29. Chance-Larsen K, Littlewood C, Garth A. Prone hip extension with lower abdominal hollowing improves the relative timing of gluteus maximus activation in relation to biceps femoris. Man Ther. 2010 Feb; 15(1): 61-65. DOI: 10.1016/j.math.2009.07.001
30. Leetun DT, Ireland ML, Willson JD, Ballantyne BT, Davis IM. Core stability measures as risk factors for lower extremity injury in athletes. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2004 Jun; 36(6): 926-34.
31. Shea KG, Pfeiffer R, Curtin M. Idiopathic anterior knee pain in adolescents. Orthop Clin North Am. 2003 Jul; 34(3): 377-83, vi.
32. Ghafarinezhad F, Afrazian L, Jahanbakhsh F, Abbasi L. [The comparison of strength and endurance in trunk stabilizer muscles between healthy people and subjects with patellofemoral joint pain syndrome]. Journal of Research in Rehabilitation Sciences. 2012; 8(5): 896-904. DOI: 10.22122/jrrs.v8i5.703 [Article in Persian]
33. Hertel J, Earl JE, Tsang KK, Miller SJ. Combining isometric knee extension exercises with hip adduction or abduction does not increase quadriceps EMG activity. Br J Sports Med. 2004 Apr; 38(2): 210-13. DOI: 10.1136/bjsm.2002.003277
34. Pak J, Lee JH, Lee SH. A novel biological approach to treat chondromalacia patellae. PLoS One. 2013 May; 8(5): e64569. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0064569
35. Grenholm A, Stensdotter AK, Häger-Ross C. Kinematic analyses during stair descent in young women with patellofemoral pain. Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2009 Jan; 24(1): 88-94. DOI: 10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2008.09.004