1. Jones D, Round J, de Haan A. Skeletal muscle: from molecules to movement. Br J Sports Med. 2006 Nov; 40(11): 950. doi: 10.1136/bjsm.2006.026567
2. Schiftan GS, Ross LA, Hahne AJ. The effectiveness of proprioceptive training in preventing ankle sprains in sporting populations: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Sci Med Sport. 2015 May; 18(3): 238-44. doi: 10.1016/j.jsams.2014.04.005
3. McHugh MP, Tyler TF, Mirabella MR, Mullaney MJ, Nicholas SJ. The effectiveness of a balance training intervention in reducing the incidence of noncontact ankle sprains in high school football players. Am J Sports Med. 2007 Aug; 35(8): 1289-94. doi: 10.1177/0363546507300059
4. Hubbard TJ, Wikstrom EA. Ankle sprain: pathophysiology, predisposing factors, and management strategies. Open Access J Sports Med. 2010; 1: 115-22.
5. Hae-HO Y, Gyu-Chang L. Effect of core stability training using pilates on lower extremity muscle strength and postural stability in healthy subjects. Isokinetics and Exercise Science. 2012; 20(2): 141-46. doi: 10.3233/IES-2012-0462
6. Webster KA, Gribble PA. A comparison of electromyography of gluteus medius and maximus in subjects with and without chronic ankle instability during two functional exercises. Phys Ther Sport. 2013 Feb; 14(1): 17-22. doi: 10.1016/j.ptsp.2012.02.002
7. Kofotolis ND, Kellis E, Vlachopoulos SP. Ankle sprain injuries and risk factors in amateur soccer players during a 2-year period. Am J Sports Med. 2007 Mar; 35(3): 458-66. doi: 10.1177/0363546506294857
8. Trojian TH, McKeag DB. Single leg balance test to identify risk of ankle sprains. Br J Sports Med. 2006; 40(7): 610-13. doi: 10.1136/bjsm.2005.024356
9. Kachouri H, Borji R, Baccouch R, Laatar R, Rebai H, Sahli S. The effect of a combined strength and proprioceptive training on muscle strength and postural balance in boys with intellectual disability: An exploratory study. Res Dev Disabil. 2016 Jun-Jul; 53-54: 367-76. doi: 10.1016/j.ridd.2016.03.003
10. Punakallio A. Balance abilities of workers in physically demanding jobs: with special refrence to fire fightters of different ages. J Sport Sci Med. 2005; 4(Suppl 8): 1-47.
11. Hale SA, Fergus A, Axmacher R, Kiser K. Bilateral improvements in lower extremity function after unilateral balance training in individuals with chronic ankle instability. J Athl Train. 2014 Mar-Apr; 49(2): 181-91. doi: 10.4085/1062-6050-49.2.06
12. Claiborne TL, Armstrong CW, Gandhi V, Pincivero DM. Relationship between hip and knee strength and knee valgus during a single leg squat. J Appl Biomech. 2006 Feb; 22(1): 41-50.
13. Abbasi H, Alizadeh MH, Daneshmandi H, Barati AH. [Comparing the Effect of Functional, Extra-Functional and Combined Exercises on Dynamic Balance in Athletes with Functional Ankle Instability]. Sport Medicine Studies. 2015; 7(17): 15-34. [Article in Persian]
14. Smith BI, Docherty CL, Simon J, Klossner J, Schrader J. Ankle strength and force sense after a progressive, 6-week strength-training program in people with functional ankle instability. J Athl Train. 2012 May-Jun; 47(3): 282-88. doi: 10.4085/1062-6050-47.3.06
15. Powers ME, Buckley BD, Kaminski TW, Hubbard TJ, Ortiz CS. Six weeks of strength and proprioception training does not affect muscle fatigue and static balance in functional ankle instability. J Sport Rehahil. 2004; 13(3): 201-27. doi: 10.1123/jsr.13.3.201
16. Akbari M, Ahanjan Sh, Akbari M. [Ankle joint instability in national team athlets (wrestling, football and basketball)]. J Sabzevar Uni Med Sci. 2007; 13(4): 178-84. [Article in Persian]
17. Khodabakhshi M, Ebrahimi Atri A, Hashemi Javaheri SA, Zandi M, Khanzadeh R. [The Effect of 5 Weeks Proprioceptive Training on Basketball Players' Dynamic Balance Inflicted with Chronic Ankle Sprain]. Rehabilitation. 2014; 15(3): 44-51. [Article in Persian]
18. Ireland ML, Willson JD, Ballantyne BT, Davis IM. Hip strength in females with and without patellofemoral pain. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2003 Nov; 33(11): 671-76. doi: 10.2519/jospt.2003.33.11.671
19. Myer GD, Ford KR, Brent JL, Hewett TE. Differential neuromuscular training effects on ACL injury risk factors in"high-risk" versus "low-risk" athletes. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2007 May; 8: 39. doi: 10.1186/1471-2474-8-39
20. Sturnieks DL, St George R, Lord SR. Balance disorders in the elderly. Neurophysiol Clin. 2008 Dec; 38(6): 467-78. doi: 10.1016/j.neucli.2008.09.001
21. Delahunt E, McGrath A, Doran N, Coughlan GF. Effect of taping on actual and perceived dynamic postural stability in persons with chronic ankle instability. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2010 Sep; 91(9): 1383-89. doi: 10.1016/j.apmr.2010.06.023
22. Huang PY, Lin CF. Effects of Balance Training Combined with Plyometric Exercise in Postural Control: Application in Individuals with Functional Ankle Instability. 6th World Congress of Biomechanics (WCB 2010). August 1-6, 2010 Singapore. pp: 232-35.
23. Mok NW, Yeung EW, Cho JC, Hui SC, Liu KC, Pang CH. Core muscle activity during suspension exercises. J Sci Med Sport. 2015 Mar; 18(2): 189-94. doi: 10.1016/j.jsams.2014.01.002
24. Kibler WB, Press J, Sciascia A. The role of core stability in athletic function. Sports Med. 2006; 36(3): 189-98. doi: 10.2165/00007256-200636030-00001
25. Ghorbani M. [The local and global effects of acute ankle instability upon dynamic balance with biomechanical perspective]. Razi j Med Sci. 2014; 21(123): 36-44. [Article in Persian]
26. Munn J, Sullivan SJ, Schneiders AG. Evidence of sensorimotor deficits in functional ankle instability: a systematic review with meta-analysis. J Sci Med Sport. 2010 Jan; 13(1): 2-12. doi: 10.1016/j.jsams.2009.03.004
27. Holmes A, Delahunt E. Treatment of common deficits associated with chronic ankle instability. Sports Med. 2009; 39(3): 207-24. doi: 10.2165/00007256-200939030-00003
28. Arastoo AA, Goharpey Sh, Zahednejad Sh, Shaterzadeh Yazdi MJ, Rasouli P. [Effects of Star Excursion Balance Training on Ankle Functional Stability via Agility Hop Test in Patients with Unilateral Chronic Ankle Instability]. Jundishapur Sci Med J. 2012; 10(4): 383-93. [Article in Persian]
29. Hall EA, Docherty CL, Simon J, Kingma JJ, Klossner JC. Strength-training protocols to improve deficits in participants with chronic ankle instability: a randomized controlled trial. J Athl Train. 2015 Jan; 50(1): 36-44. doi: 10.4085/1062-6050-49.3.71
30. Holm I, Tveter AT, Fredriksen PM, Vøllestad N. A normative sample of gait and hopping on one leg parameters in children 7-12 years of age. Gait Posture. 2009 Feb; 29(2): 317-21. doi: 10.1016/j.gaitpost.2008.09.016
31. Myer GD, Ford KR, Brent JL, Hewett TE. The effects of plyometric vs. dynamic stabilization and balance training on power, balance, and landing force in female athletes. J Strength Cond Res. 2006 May; 20(2): 345-53. doi: 10.1519/R-17955.1