1. Anderson JC, Williams S, McGee R, Silva PA. DSM-III disorders in preadolescent children. Prevalence in a large sample from the general population. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1987 Jan; 44(1): 69-76.
2. Costello EJ, Costello AJ, Edelbrock C, Burns BJ, Dulcan MK, Brent D, et al. Psychiatric disorders in pediatric primary care. Prevalence and risk factors. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1988 Dec; 45(12): 1107-16.
3. Offord DR, Boyle MH, Szatmari P, Rae-Grant NI, Links PS, Cadman DT, et al. Ontario child health study. II. six-month prevalence of disorder and rates of service utilization. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1987 Sep; 44(9): 832-36.
4. Arcia E, Conners KC. Gender differences in ADHD? J Dev Behav Pediatr. 1998; 19(2): 77-83.
5. Biederman J, Faraone SV, Spencer T, Wilens T, Mick E, Lapey KA. Gender differences in a sample of adults with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Psychiatry Res. 1994 Jul; 53(1): 13-29.
6. Farokhzadi F, Mohammadi MR, Salmanian M. Discriminant of validity the Wender Utah rating scale in Iranian adults. Acta Med Iran. 2014; 52(5): 360-69.
7. Bakhshayesh A, Mirhosseini R. [Effectiveness of play therapy on the reduction of children’s severity symptoms with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and promotion of their academic performance]. J Ilam Univ Med Sci. 2015; 22(6): 1-13. [Article in Persian]
8. Huang BM, Yu CH, Li ZR. Clinical observation on acupuncture intervention for children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. J Acupunct Tuina Sci. 2012; 10(5): 300-304.
9. Hong SS, Cho SH. Treating attention deficit hyperactivity disorder with acupuncture: A randomized controlled trial. Eur J Integr Med. 2016; 8(3): 150-57.
10. Li S, Yu B, Lin Z, Jiang S, He J, Kang L, et al. Randomized-controlled study of treating attention deficit hyperactivity disorder of preschool children with combined electro-acupuncture and behavior therapy. Complement Ther Med. 2010 Oct; 18(5): 175-83. doi: 10.1016/j.ctim.2010.08.002
11. Efron D, Jarman F, Barker M. Methylphenidate versus dexamphetamine in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: A double-blind, crossover trial. Pediatrics. 1997 Dec; 100(6): E6.
12. Hong SS, Cho SH. Acupuncture for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials. 2011; 12: 173. doi: 10.1186/1745-6215-12-173
13. Bussing R, Zima BT, Gary FA, Garvan CW. Use of complementary and alternative medicine for symptoms of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Psychiatr Serv. 2002 Sep; 53(9): 1096-102. doi: 10.1176/appi.ps.53.9.1096
14. Doggett AM. ADHD and drug therapy: is it still a valid treatment? J Child Health Care. 2004 Mar; 8(1): 69-81. doi: 10.1177/1367493504041856
15. Bush G, Valera EM, Seidman LJ. Functional neuroimaging of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a review and suggested future directions. Biol Psychiatry. 2005 Jun; 57(11): 1273-84. doi: 10.1016/j.biopsych.2005.01.034
16. Rojas NL, Chan E. Old and new controversies in the alternative treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev. 2005; 11(2): 116-30. doi: 10.1002/mrdd.20064
17. Bader A, Adesman A. Complementary and alternative therapies for children and adolescents with ADHD. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2012 Dec; 24(6): 760-69. doi: 10.1097/MOP.0b013e32835a1a5f
18. Kemper KJ. Complementary and alternative medicine for children: does it work? West J Med. 2001 Apr; 174(4): 272-76.
19. Marlow AM. Auriculotherapy manual: Chinese and Western systems of ear acupuncture. Acupunct Med. 2014; 32(3): 294-95. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/acupmed-2014-010591
20. Lee MS, Choi TY, Kim JI, Kim L, Ernst E. Acupuncture for treating attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Chin J Integr Med. 2011 Apr; 17(4): 257-60. doi: 10.1007/s11655-011-0701-7
21. Hori E, Takamoto K, Urakawa S, Ono T, Nishijo H. Effects of acupuncture on the brain hemodynamics. Auton Neurosci. 2010 Oct; 157(1-2): 74-80. doi: 10.1016/j.autneu.2010.06.007
22. Park MS, Sunwoo YY, Jang KS, Han YM, Kim MW, Maeng LS, et al. Changes in brain FDG metabolism induced by acupuncture in healthy volunteers. Acta Radiol. 2010 Oct; 51(8): 947-52. doi: 10.3109/02841851.2010.502541
23. Carpenter PA, Just MA, Shell P. What one intelligence test measures: a theoretical account of the processing in the Raven Progressive Matrices Test. Psychol Rev. 1990 Jul; 97(3): 404-31.
24. Sprafkin J, Gadow KD, Salisbury H, Schneider J, Loney J. Further evidence of reliability and validity of the Child Symptom Inventory-4: parent checklist in clinically referred boys. J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol. 2002 Dec; 31(4): 513-24. doi: 10.1207/S15374424JCCP3104_10
25. Tavakkolizadeh J, Bolhari J, Mehryar AH, Dezhkam M. [Epidemiology of attention deficit and disruptive behaviour disorders in elementary school children of Gonabad town, north east iran (1996-1997)]. Iranian Journal of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology. 1997; 3(1 and 2): 40-52. [Article in Persian]
26. Mohamadesmaiel E, Alipour A. [A preliminary study on the reliability, validity and cut off points of the disorders of children symptom inventory-4 (CSI-4)]. Journal of Exceptional Children. 2002; 2(3): 239-54. [Article in Persian]
27. Azami S, Moqaddas A, Sohrabi F. [A comparison of the effect of computer-assisted cognitive remediation (CACR) and psycho-stimulant drugs on response inhibition and sustained attention of children with attention deficit/ hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)]. Psychology of Exceptional Individuals. 2013; 3(11): 21-39. [Article in Persian]
28. Sandford JA, Fine AH, Goldman L. A comparison of auditory and visual processing in children with ADHD using the IVA Continuous Performance Test. Paper presented at the 1995 annual convention of CHADD, Washington, DC. 1995.
29. Turner DC, Clark L, Dowson J, Robbins TW, Sahakian BJ. Modafinil improves cognition and response inhibition in adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Biol Psychiatry. 2004 May; 55(10): 1031-40. doi: 10.1016/j.biopsych.2004.02.008
30. Hamidi SH. [The effectiveness of neurofeedback training on eeg among children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder]. Master Thesis. University ofTehran. 2011. [Persian]
31. Sadati Firoozabadi S. [Effectiveness ofmovement therapy on the linicalsyndrome, executive functions and welfareof students with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder And comparison with neurofeedback treatment]. Master Thesis. University of Tehran. 2011. [Persian]
32. Heydarinasab L, Madani A S, Yaghoubi H, Rostami R, Kazemi R. [The effectiveness of neurofeedback with computrized training in improving working memory in adults with attention deficit disorder/ hyperactivity]. Yafte. 2016; 18(1): 101-12. [Article in Persian]
33. Sandford JA, Turner A. Manual for the Integrated Visual and Auditory Continuous Performance Test. Richmond: Brain Train. 2004.
34. Oleson T. Auriculotrapy Manual: Chinese and Western System of Ear Acupancture. 4th ed. London: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier. 2014; pp: 18-50.
35. Katibi AR, Katebi Y, Shabani R, Alizadeh A, Rafiee M, Soleymani M. [Ritalin and side effects of its abuse]. J Isfahan Med Sch. 2017; 35(420): 170-76. [Article in Persian]
36. Hui KK, Marina O, Liu J, Rosen BR, Kwong KK. Acupuncture, the limbic system, and the anticorrelated networks of the brain. Auton Neurosci. 2010 Oct; 157(1-2): 81-90. doi: 10.1016/j.autneu.2010.03.022
37. Allen JJB , Schnyer RN, Hitt SK. The efficacy of acupuncture in the treatment of major depression in women. Psychological Science. 1998 Sep; 9(5): 397-401. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-9280.00074