1. Goel R, Agarwal A, Shabbir A, So JB, Pasupathy S, Wong A, et al. Bariatric surgery in Singapore from 2005 to 2009. Asian J Surg 2012;36(1):9-36.
2. Mazloom Zade S, Mosavi Viri A, Din Mohamadi H. Epidemiology of overweight and obesity in Zanjan province. ZUMS Journal 2006;14(56):57-64. (Persian)
3. Azadbakht L, Esmaillzadeh A. Dietary and non-dietary determinants of central adiposity among Tehrani women. Public Health Nutr 2008;11(5):528-34. (Persian)
4. Azizi F, Azadbakht L, Mirmiran P. Trends in overweight, obesity and central fat accumulation among Tehranian adults between 1998-1999 and 2001-2002: Tehran lipid and glucose study. Ann Nutr Metab 2005;49(1):3-8. (Persian)
5. Naghashpour M, Shakerinejad GH, Haghighizadeh MH, Hajinajaf S, Jarvandi F. Prevalence of Obesity and its Association with Demographic Indices in Referents to University Jahad Khozestan Clinic. Journal medical sciences 2011;10(1). (Persian)
6. Noori F, Hashemi S, Khosravi A, Akhavan Tabib A, Golshadi I, Dana Siadat Z, et al . The Relationship between Weight and CVD Risk Factors in a Sample Population of Central Part of Iran (Based on IHHP). RJMS. 2010; 17 (72) :31-41
7. World Health Organization. WHO european ministerial conference on counteracting obesity conference report 2007.
8. Kathleen M, Karuse S. Food & nutrition therapy. 12th ed Canada: W B Saunders 2008;1-50
9. World Health Organization. The impact of chronic disease in the Islamic Republic of Iran: chronic diseases are the major cause of death and disability worldwide. [cited April 30]
10. Azizi A, Abasi MR, Abdoli GH. The prevalence of Hypertension and its Association with Age, Sex and BMI in a Population Being Educated Using Community-Based Medicine in Kermanshah: 2003. Iranian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism 1998;10(4):223-29. (Persian)
11. Mozafari M, Nosrati S, Purmansour G, Rezaei M. Factors effecting the prevalence of obesity among 15-49 years old women referred to urban health clinics in Ilam in 2004. Journal of Ilam university of medical sciences 2006;14(1):8-17. (Persian)
12. Rock CL, Byers TE, Colditz GA, Demark-Wahnefried W, Ganz PA, Wolin KY, et al. Reducing Breast Cancer Recurrence with Weight Loss, a Vanguard Trial: The Exercise and Nutrition to Enhance Recovery and Good Health for You (ENERGY) Trial. Contemp Clin Trials 2013 ;34(2);282-95
13. Robinson WR, Utz RL, Keyes KM, Martin CL, Yang Y. Birth cohort effects on abdominal obesity in the United States: the Silent Generation, Baby Boomers and Generation X. International Journal of Obesity (2013) 37, 1129–1134
14. Mohan V, Deepa R. Obesity and abdominal obesity in Asian Indians. Indian J Med Res 2006; 123: 593-6
15. Obesity :Preventing and managing the global epidemic.Report of a WHO consultation.World Health Organ Tech Rep Ser 2000; 894: i253
16. Doustmohammadian A, Dorostymotlagh AR, Keshavarz A, Sadrzadeh-yeganeh H, Mohammadpour-Ahrangani B. Socio-demographic factors associated with body mass index of female adolescent students in Semnan city, Iran. Mal J Nutr 2009;15(1):27-35. (Persian)
17. Ghassemi H, Harrison G, Mohammad K. An accelerated nutrition transition in Iran. 2002;5(1A): 149-155. Public Health Nutr 2002;5(1A):149-55. (Persian)
18. Mirmiran P, HosseiniEsfahani F, Azizi F. Relative validity and reliability of the food frequency questionnaire used to assess nutrient intake: Tehran Lipid and Glucose Study. Iranian Journal of Diabetes and Lipid Disorders 2009;9(2):185-97 (Persian).
19. Fesharaki M Gh, Azad E. Evaluation of thereliability and validity of Azad Fesharaki'sphysical activity questionnaire (AFPAQ). ArakMed Univ J (AMUJ) 2011; 14(56): 36-44. (Persian)
20. Werner Shirli, Malas pina, Dolores, Rabinowitz Jonazhan. Socioeconomic status at birth is associated with risk of schizophrenia: population based multilevel study. Schizophr Bull 2007; 33 (6): 1373-1378
21. National Center for education statistics. http://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/glossary/s.asp. 31-10-2008. Ref Type: Internet Communication
22. WHO. Global Database On Body Mass Index. Adapted from WHO, 1995, WHO, 2000 and WHO . 2004, editor. 2004. Ref Type: Internet Communication
23. Dobbelsteyn CJ, Joffres MR, Maclean DR, Flowerdew G. A comparative evaluation of waist circumference,waist-to-hip ratio and body mass index as indicators of cardiovascular risk factors. The Canadian Heart Health Surveys. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 2001; 25: 652-61
24. Akhavan Tabib A, Kelishadie R, Sadri GH, SabetB, Toluei HR, Baghaei AM. Heathy Heard Program: Obesity in center of Iran. Journal of QazvinUniversity of Medical Science 2003;27-35. (Persian).
25. Moghimi-Dehkordi B, Safaee A, Vahedi M, Pourhoseingholi M.A, Pourhoseingholi A, Zali M.R. The Prevalence of Obesity and its Associated Demographic Factors in Tehran, Iran. Journal of Health & Development 2012;1(1). (Persian)
26. Hajian KO, Hiedari B. Abdominal obesity prevalence in population aged 20 to 70 years in urban area of Mazandaran (North of Iran, 2004). Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences & HealthServices Endocrine & Metabolism Research Center 2006;8(2):147-56. (Persian)
27. Rashidi A, Mohammadpour-Ahranjani B, Vafa MR, Karandish M. Prevalence of obesity in Iran. Obes Rev 2005;6(3): 191-2(Persian).
28. Sepandi M, Haghighi-Zadeh MH, Taghdir M. Relationship between Body Mass Index and Demographic Features in Women. Knowledge & Health 2011;6(1):15-8. (Persian)
29. Raine KD. Overweight and Obesity in Canada: A Population Health Perspective. Canadian PopulationHealth Initiative and Canadian Institute for Health Information 2004. Avalable from: https://secure.cihi.ca/free_products/CPHIOverweightandObesityAugust2004_e.pdf .Ref Type: Internet Communication
30. Park Jungwee. Obesity on the job. Perspectives on Labour and Income 2009; 10(2).14-22
31. Coitinho DC, Sichieri R, D'Aquino Benicio MH. Obesity and weight change related to parity and breast - Feeding among parous women in Brazil. Public Health Nutr 2001;4(4):865-70
32. Fraser A, Tilling K, Macdonald-Wallis C, Hughes R, Sattar N, Nelson SM, et al. Associations of gestational weight gain with maternal body mass index, waist circumference,and blood pressure measured 16 y after pregnancy: the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children. Am J Clin Nutr June 2011;93(6):1285-92.
33. Mohammadi N, Shobeiri F, Khirollahi A. Frequency of Over Wieght & Obesity of Women in Referents to Medical and Health Centers in Hamadam City. Journal of Nursing and Midwifery, Hamedan 2011;19(2):36-41. (Persian)
34. Beegom R, Niaz MA, Singh RB. Diet, central fat accumulation and prevalence of hypertension in the urban population of south India. Int J Cardiol 1995;51(2):91-183.
35. Al-Riyami AA, Afifi MM. Prevalence and correlates of obesity and central fat accumulation among Omani adults. Saudi Med J 2003;24(6):6-641
36. Ford ES, Li C, Zhao G, Tsai J. Trends in obesity and abdominal obesity among adults in the United States from 1999-2008. International Journal of Obesity (2011) 35, 736–743.
37. Martorell R, Khan LK, Hughes ML, Grummer-Strawn LM. Obesity in Latin American women and children. J Nutr 1998;128(9):1464-73.
38. Monteiro CA, Moura EC, Conde WL, Popkin BM. Socioeconomic status and obesity in adult populations of developing countries: a review. Bull World Health Organ 2004;82(12):940-6
39. Graham H, Power C, Due P, Halqvisk J, Joung IN, Kuh D. The contribution of childhood and adult socioeconomic position to adult obesity and smoking behavior: An international comparison. Int J Epidemiol 2005;34:335-44
40. Carrera PM, Gao X, Tucker KL. A study of dietary patterns in the Mexican-American population and their association with obesity. J Am Diet Assoc 2007;107(10):1735-42
41. Jacques PF, McKeown NM, Troy LM. Whole- and refined-grain intakes are differentially associated with abdominal visceral and subcutaneous adiposity in healthy adults: The Framingham Heart study. Am J Clin Nutr 2010;92(5):1165-71.
42. Azadbakht L, Mirmiran P, Esmaillzadeh A, Azizi F. Dairy consumption is inversely associated with the prevalence of the metabolic syndrome in Tehrani adults. Am J Clin Nutr 2005;82(3):523-30. (Persian)
43. Esmaillzadeh A, Kimiagar M, Mehrabi Y. Fruit and vegetable intakes, C-reactive protein, and the metabolic syndrome. Am J Clin Nutr 2006;84(6):1486-97.
44. Lee I, Rexrode K, Cook N, Buring J, Manson J. Physical activity and coronary heart disease in women: is "no pain, no gain" passe? Jama 2001;285(5):1447.
45. Tandon K, Kapoor S, Kapoor AK. Covariates and prevalence of obesity among adult North Indian population. Coll Antropol 2011;35(2):305-11.
46. Soltanian N, Amini A, Iraj B, Askari Gh.R, Ebneyamin S, Ghias M, et al. Weight status of the first-degree relatives of patients with type 2 diabetes based on the glucose tolerance test. J Res Med Sci 2012;17(3):269-74. (Persian)
47. Mansoori F. Diabetes Mellitus in Over-Thirty-Year-Old Individuals in Kermanshah Province(2002) Mansoori. Journal of Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences 2005;8(2). (Persian)