|Instructions to the Authors
Aim: The purpose of publishing the Journal of Research Development in Nursing and Midwifery is to publish the results of research and studies of various educational and research groups of Iranian and foreign affiliated universities and research institutes in the field of nursing and midwifery. The acceptable papers include the original paper with quantitative or qualitative approach, Review Article, Short Communication, Case Report, and Letter to Editor.
- All manuscripts publish in English language.
- Mentioning the approval ethic code from Ethics Committee for all original research articles and provision of IRCT code for all clinical trials articles (interventional) are necessary in the abstract and ethical considerations of the text.
● Main article includes experimental studies, interventional studies such as clinical trials, analytical studies, cohort studies, case-control studies, descriptive studies.
Review article, the author of the systematic review article is an experienced and knowledgeable individual with full insight to the subject matter. It is essential that 3 to 5 references out of at least 30 references of the article, be from the author's research activity on the topic.
- The short report has a similar structure to the research papers, but the research findings are low. The manuscript should be about 1000-1500 words and use a maximum of 2 tables or diagrams and 15 references.
- Case report should be a rare and the patient with new symptoms, or a new diagnostic method or a new therapeutic and care approach has not been introduced. Clinical and paraclinic symptoms are fully described and documented, if necessary, the radiological or pathologic images, and should include: abstract, key words, introduction, background, discussion (only the studied properties are investigated in this section). It is necessary to refrain from repeating paragraphs that are found in the description of the disease and other characteristics in valid books, but the importance of the current findings are compared and concluded with similar studies reported by others.
- When submitting the manuscript, the following steps should be considered:
• All or part of the sent manuscripts should not be published in a journal in Persian or English. If the manuscript has already been presented at scientific conferences, the full details of the conference should be stated. If the manuscript is sent in Farsi, not only the text of the manuscript should be free of English terms, but the equivalent Persian term should be used in the text and the equivalent English should be used in the footnote. This makes the text understandable and greatly helps the translator not to deal with the choice of the important words of the manuscript, but chose the word you want.
- A cover letter by the author(s) of the manuscript, on his/her/their consent to the publication of the article and the lack of simultaneous submission of the manuscript to other journals should be attached along with the manuscript sent. In addition, the authors should accept that the manuscript will not be sent to another publication until obtaining the final response from the journal.
Writing technical articles:
- The font of the manuscripts is Time New Roman 12 with double spacing, margin and standard indentation.
- The word number of the original English article is 3000 words without reference and abstract. Also, the paper should be written with 2 cm indentation from the sides of the paper with single line spacing on Microsoft Word software, with complete compliance with the grammatical rules in English.
Manuscripts which are sent in Persian are translated into English after arbitration.
Manuscripts which are sent in English should be edited from a professional and literary perspective after arbitration.
• The journal reserves the right to reject, accept, modify, edit and summarize.
- The title page for Persian manuscripts should be sent in both Persian and English, and for English manuscripts only in English. The full title of the manuscript, the author(s) name, academic degree and academic position of the author(s) should also be written in English. The responsible author is marked with an asterisk and his profile includes his specialty, academic degree, college, university, city, e-mail, office telephone, fax and mobile phone.
- The author(s) of the manuscript are responsible for the accuracy of the materials from a scientific, ethical and legal point of view.
• For more information on how to compile manuscripts, the respected authors can use the latest issue of the journal.
- Obviously, the final decision on the manuscripts, based on the opinions of the scientific jurists and the journal's criteria, is to the editor.
- The order of inserting articles is subject to the rules of the journal itself and does not depend on the scientific degree and the personality of its authors.
- Any quotes, derivation and publication of the journal's contents is forbidden without the written permission of the editor and is only allowed after obtaining the license and mentioning the source.
Abstracts of Persian manuscripts should be sent in both languages and abstract of English manuscripts should be sent only in English on a separate page. The abstract should be less than 250 words and contain the segments: Introduction, Objective, Method, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, and keywords. The use of 3 to 5 terms from the Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) list is recommended.
Introduction: The introduction should refer to the significance and necessity of the study with regard to the past studies and the main concepts and variables of the paper should be explained.
Method: In this section, the study type, the study population, the research environment, sampling method, sample type, sample size determination and documents, how to select samples, introduction of research tools, validity and reliability of research tools, laboratory methods and the validity of these methods, statistical methods and ethical considerations are fully described. All manuscripts should have an approved ethics code, and human intervention articles should have an IRCT registration in addition to the ethics code.
Results: All study variables should be reported in the study findings. The tables should have the number and title should be above the table and the title and number of the diagrams should be below the diagram. The number of the tables and diagrams are limited to 4 tables and 2 diagrams.
Discussion: At the beginning of the discussion,it should be referred to the main result of the study in a paragraph and be compared with other studies, also be explained the reason for the difference, similarity, and possible mechanisms. Then the other important findings of the study will be discussed in the same way. At the end of the discussion we also refer to the limitations and barriers of the research.
Conclusion: Conclusion is in fact the inference and abstraction of the researcher from all the findings, rather than the summary of the findings, which is along with the suggestions and recommendations of the researcher.
The application of the Implication for Nursing or Midwifery in Nursing or Midwifery should also be included in the manuscript.
Acknowledgments: In the section thanking and thanking the sponsoring organization for the study and those who participated in the study, be appreciated. Also, if the manuscript is a thesis.
• The number of tables and diagrams should be proportional to the size of the manuscript. Tables and diagrams should be provided at the end of the manuscript after the references, and the maximum number of tables should be four and diagrams should not exceed two. Avoid bringing tables and diagrams whose details are fully mentioned in the text of the manuscript.
• All authors of manuscript must clearly disclose any and all conflicts of interest they may have with publication of the manuscript.
Attention to the following issues in the providing of tables, Figures and diagrams is required:
- Tables should not be presented in the form of a photo, and should be numbered consecutively.
- The number of the tables should be presented sequentially in the text of the manuscript.
- All non-standard abbreviations used in the subtitles of the tables, should be explained.
- The figures should be accurate and clear and in a way that is technically possible to print them in a good quality in the journal.
- Radiography images should comply with the above-mentioned standards in the dimensions of 127 * 73 mm to a maximum of 203 * 354 mm.
- The figures must have a sequential numbering and arranged based on a reference to them in the text.
- Figures or tables taken from other manuscripts must be legally permissible and referenced.
- The resolution of the images is 300 dpi and its file should be sent apart from the manuscript's text in JPEG format. In case of the photos provided from the patient, it is mandatory to cover parts which may determine his identity.